We represent a broad mix of members from small family businesses to large national corporations.
NAMA is the RMI's motor auction association. NAMA joined the RMI in 1969 under it's former identity - the Society of Motor Auctions (SMA). Being part of a larger trade association brings a number of benefits to NAMA members, including access to a legal service and commercial benefits as well as the ability to liaise with other RMI trade bodies such as franchised dealers.
NAMA is a continuously evolving organisation representing a dynamic and changing industry. NAMA publish a monthly auction report giving an up to date view of market conditions. NAMA also develops initiatives for its members such as a common grading standard for vehicles being sold at auction.
Finally, all members on joining the association sign up to the NAMA Code of Practice, giving security and peace of mind to all auction customers.
What we do
- NAMA represents all member auction companies of all sizes selling cars, commercial vehicles and off-road vehicles
- Currently there are more than 100 auction locations within the UK, 75% of which are members of NAMA
- Membership of NAMA is only offered to those businesses that are financially viable and that can provide evidence of sound and accepted trading practices
- Every member must adhere to NAMA’s Code of Practice and Customer Charter
NAMA sets the standards of service and performance excellence for all members by:
- Setting clear best practice standards
- Providing a focus for operational excellence
- Bringing members together for continuous improvement
- Proactively engaging in key industry issues on behalf of members and customers
- Offering expert advice and guidance to the industry
- Ensuring correct legal practices are maintained